Tuesday, January 12, 2010

We CAN Do Hard Things

This past year has caused me time and again to reflect upon each one of my children and their personal journey upon this earth. During these past few months, I have seen each of my children stretch and grow, sometimes falling, and sometimes even struggling to get up and move on. I have felt really strongly that one of the greatest gifts I can give my children is the gift of inner-strength and independence. This life can sure get rough, at times, and if my children know deep down inside what they are made of, or better yet, what they are capable of, they will be able to face their challenges and fears head on. So, as a family, we have decided to make our 2010 motto "We CAN Do Hard Things!!!" We have encouraged each one of the kids to set one goal/month to accomplish at least one thing that seems hard to them. Keep in mind, each child is unique, has their own individualized set of strengths and talents, but they also have their own individualized hesitations and reservations regarding certain things they think they REALLY can accomplish. It will be interesting to see what goals each of them set and I look forward to seeing them conquer their inhibitions!!! I see so much potential within each one my children and I hope that this year will help them to likewise see this great potential, as well.

2 comments:

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

are you really writing on your blog? Say it isn't soo??? I'm sooo happy. I will hope to be inspired by you more often. I love this idea. It's wonderful. Our word for this year is "TRY" So many times we don't try the hard and the easy things and we really should just do it. I love having a word/phrase/thought/goal for the year. So good to see you blogging again. I love you lady!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

I love this motto! It is so inspiring, although some might find trying to do hard things...sort of HARD! :) It's a wonderful thing to get into your head at a young age...Anyway, thank you for your comment on my blog. I know that Sugardoodle is planning on doing another article about my 30 Days For the Family activities once it's all finished, but I'll have to get the blog listed as well. Many thanks...and what a beautiful family you have! No doubt they have your genes! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails